I’ve launched this website several times and taken it down for various reasons. Mostly because:
- I didn’t think too many people read it.
- Others would blatantly copy my content without credit.
- It wasn’t a priority to keep the site running.
As I’ve gone through my backups and cleaned up data I noticed messages from people asking serious questions. Even if I don’t know the answer I could probably point people in the right direction.
Additionally, working with open source software over the last five years taught me several set of values that I can apply to other parts of my life.
- Share things you’ve derived an exceeding amount of value from.
- Help people that are trying to follow the same path you are on.
- Put forth quality – it’s better to have a few things that work well.
I’ve also taken part in different cultures including vegans, environmentalists, social entrepreneurs, public safety, ‘extreme’ sports, and hunting. This has led to friendships with people from different walks of life including LGBT, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans, Atheists, Vegans and Hunters.
Obviously, not all my set of friends would agree with the lifestyle and values of my other set of friends. The way I look at it is, if another persons actions don’t affect your life, why do you care?
It’s always better to focus on building your ideal environment rather than dictating how others should live. In that spirt, I’m relaunching this website, hopefully permanently. It doesn’t cost much to run it (so far) and if even a few people can derive some value from it, it’s more than worth it.